Friday, October 29, 2010

Three Poems

I have been editing some of my old poems (and some new ones too) and here is the result:

Hope

Do not fret and do not fear
These sounds of night, these scary frights
Which cannot be here to stay

Take hold of what is most dear
For, with the dawn comes Light. Yes, Light
To scatter monsters away.

Untitled

All good roads lead on to the sea
Forever my heart is there in search of thee
Cursed to wander the endless beaches
Hearing the many voices' chorus;
Gulls crying, the oceans sighing
Unmatched in their beauty
But for the beauty I’d had in thee

Untitled (unfinished)



She dances by moonlight with flowers in her hair,
Clad in silver beauty and raiment, oh, so white
Are such flowers worthy to grace one so fair?

Her voice sweet music, causing my heart to long
for the unattainable. Like the dawn shatters night,
I am made undone by the pure sound of her song.

With bright eyes, shining clear in the night,
A smile as radiant as the Morning Star,
Locks golden red which serve to remind me of that which men are.

Mortals whose eyes are not counted worthy her beauty to see
And yet, here I, mortal though I art,
Gaze entranced upon her though possessor of immortal beauty is she.

I once saw a fair maiden in a woodland glade;
How could I return to a world made of dust and decay
With the mere thought of her which is likened unto a taste of beauty imperishable?

She dances by moonlight with flowers in her hair,
Singing as the world passes her by without a care.
Can one such as I hope to catch even a smile?

The memory of beauty, my desire cannot even begin to fill,
If a single smile I should possess,
I would count myself forever blessed. Thus, hope I will.


2 comments:

  1. I think I like the old version of your first one better - although I can't exactly remember how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words. :) Especially the last one. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete